Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Days 59 & 60

My poor little poppet has really been battling with this no-poo saga! Gosh, who would've thought 10 years ago that my life would be consumed with the wonderful world of the nether regions! I finally caved today, and gave her a suppository to help her poo... and sure enough, it all came out.

The thing is, I can tell that that's what the problem is. She gets grumpier and grumpier.... and eventually gets to the point where she doesn't want to be put down.... she just wants to be held... not ideal when friends come over to dinner like last night (actually brought dinner to us, nogal! And what a dinner it was... Jamie Oliver look out! Seriously!). So yes, the heart-felt mum in me took over, and threw all reason out the window, and helped her do her business. Of course, the reality is that I should be cautious with giving suppositories to her to help her all the time lest her body gets used to is, and loses all knowledge on how to perform on it's own. But really, I am a mum, what else am I supposed to do? Realistically it's not just a comfort thing either. She battles to eat... which seems fairly obvious since she is technically FULL, as her body isn't getting rid of waste the way it should.... and I bet that probably makes her lethargic having all those toxins still in her little body. Shame... my poor little darling.

But she was better tonight, and is sleeping soundly. I got to have another special bath with her... and otherwise all is well in the van clan household :-)

60 days already. Who would've thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment