Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 199

I miss the wonderful comments Jean used to leave on my blog- always encouraging me, and always giving me a scripture or two to cling to.

My mother-in-law was an amazing, phenomenal woman. She was always faithful to the things of God, but she carried herself with a quiet, humble assurance. She was not arrogant or boastful. And even to her final days, all that she longed and hoped for is that her children would know the Lord... would love the Lord. She simply understood that there is no greater gift. And no greater rock with which to build your life on. I know that we would not have survived this far, were it not for God. Even though I don't understand. Even though it hurts most of the time. I know like I know that without the foundation of the King of Kings, we would have crumbled a long time ago.

This is one of the scriptures Jean gave to me... she always said that Isaiah was her favourite book in the bible, and she would often quote scriptures to me out of it. I hope and pray that one day I have even half the faith that she had:

“To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

Why do you complain, Jacob?
Why do you say, Israel,
"My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God”?
Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:25-31

Monday night Miks slept relatively well, but the whole of today she was really unhappy. She seems really constipated. I am giving her something for it, and am not giving her the cereal anymore (are there better cereals that are easier on the tummy?)... but it meant that we had the most awful night. I am so unbelievably exhausted. Gosh, I just want a life again. Sorry, momentary "pity party"... as Jean always called it :-) Golly, I was fond of my mother in law!!

Well, before you turned 200 days, Miks, we had a momentous occasion today: you had your first haircut! Your hair was a real nightmare... because you always turn your head to the left, but also turn your head from side to side when you're lying down. I kept having to cut out really bad knots on the left side of your head. So the right side, the hair was quite long, the left side quite short, and the top really whispy and short... a bit like a baby scraggly Albert Einstein kinda hairdo. But we've given you a short back and sides, and you look too adorable. Plus, I think the long hair was making you really hot... you were often very sweaty... so I am hoping this will help you too.

Day 199. Hair cut. Done. First Cereal. {Bad idea but} done.

The funniest thing was I finished off the cut, and then I took you into the bathroom to show Russ, and I was holding you up, and you looked at him and gave him the biggest cheesy grin ever. It was super cute. You funny, funny little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment