Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 200

Miks had a much better day today, thanks to lots of suppositories, no cereal, and I even changed her formula back to the 0-6 month (I had progressed her onto the 6-12 month, but I am not sure given the number of feeds she had a day, that the "promotion" to the older formula was actually a wise one). She was quite a happy little things today... slept well, ate well... now just holding out hope for a decent nights sleep :-)

Tomorrow is Jean's funeral... think it's going to be an emotional day... but will be wonderful to have an opportunity to honour her and remember her.

It's amazing how quickly life can change. I was thinking back to that day Mikayla was born, and how, in an instant, our lives were forever altered. The same with Jean... how suddenly she was there, and then suddenly she was gone (even though it wasn't that "sudden" per-say).. and how our lives are now forever changed. I was thinking on Sunday night that I couldn't just send her an sms... or hope to receive a note from her on my blog. Just like that. And yet, our lives on earth are but a spec in the wind really...

As the scripture says:

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" - James 4:14

We are "small" enough that we should really get off our soap boxes and realise that we are not in control... our lives here on earth, as wonderful as they are, flail in comparison to the vastness of eternity... and yet we are "big" enough to the King of Kings that He would call us by name, and know every hair on our heads. Without climbing back on the soap box: I would say that makes us pretty special... I mean, the queen of England doesn't know every hair on ANYONE'S head, let alone mine...but the King of Kings?! Well... you get my drift

Good night sweet people... hears hoping for a night of actual sleep (been rare of late)

No comments:

Post a Comment