Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 312 Chapter hopping

Been going through Miks' clothes, and putting aside all the clothes that she is now too big for; and I am feeling immensely sad about it. I should be celebrating that she is finally, at 10 months old, getting too big for her newborn (!!) clothing (although, she is still wearing 0-3 months sizes), but I feel quite nostalgic and sad about it.

Perhaps it's knowing that we have passed some of her life by... that I will never get those days back. The memories that these clothes bring- some sad, some happy. I know, I know, it's all a bit silly when she is still very much present in our lives... but, I dunno, it's closing a chapter I guess. Am I really ready to let go? Are you ever ready to let go? Maybe it's also just because another little T18 angel got her wings... little Emalee...8 months old. I read through the stories of these mums who have had to say goodbye, and it hurts so very much..... I'm just saying goodbye to clothes... how will I cope if I have to say goodbye to Mikayla!? *sigh*

I phoned the pediatrician about the "episodes" shes been having. She says it's difficult to ascertain what is causing them without actually seeing one of these episodes; and she has suggested we keep an eye on it, and if she has one again, and I am able to, to try video it, so that she can actually see it. Obviously our main concern is that it is a brain seizure, as having these can cause irreparable damage to the brain, which clearly we don't want.

Had a bit of a mare last night with Miks: cos we fed her around 8pm in her tube, but because we'd kept her bedroom light off, and just relied on the passage light for light, I think I didn't notice some pretty big air bubbles going in with the formula. So she proceeded to throw up half the bottle all over herself.... but obviously it was just formula sitting on top of the air- so it was just straight milk. I always get such a fright though! Such a wimp, I know! Thankfully she was on the leather couch at the time... Ah, the joys of leather.... sorry all you animal activists out there :( but there is nothing quite like leather... material is lovely, but try getting baby vomit out of that... not for the fainthearted! But good old leather just requires a good old wipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment