Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Days 402 - 404

Mikayla is finally growing out of some of her clothes. At 13 months, she is now out of newborn sizes, and is wearing 1-3 months... in the slightly bigger sizes of that age category. So I've started collecting all her old clothes and putting them aside.

But I can't throw or give them away. I have absolutely no need for them, obviously. Jude will look silly in pink (and besides, he's ALREADY too big), and we're certainly not going to have any more children... but... I can't do it. It's like I'll be closing a door on my life... FOREVER. Since as far back as I can remember, I have wanted a daughter. Pigtails. Ponies. Fairies. Pink, pink and more pink. And along with that desire for a daughter was all the things we'd do together. She'd tell me about her boyfriends (Ja, as if!! ... but I can dream, can't I?), she'd emulate me when she was 7 (like I did my mum), I'd paint her toe nails, and she mine (weird, I know.. but it's a girl thing!)... we'd do all those girlie things... and the biggest of course would be that I would watch her Dad, both her and my hero, walk her down the aisle. But the day I throw out those clothes, I am officially closing that chapter. Look, I know... it's already closed. But I just cannot bring myself to officiate it yet. I. Just. Can't. Do. It.

Mikayla has been doing this very strange thing. She has found how to grab her pinky of her one hand with the other. But she grabs it, but then twists and squeezes it.. and she seems to do it to get to sleep. The problem is that she HURTS herself...and ends in tears. So we put a sock on that hand to prevent her from hurting herself. BUT now she has started hurting her OTHER hand... she presses her hand up against her face, so that she pushes her thumb and forefinger against her face... so she hurts her hand and her face... so now she has a sock on her other hand. She looks quite funny with two socks on her hands... and of course, she chews like mad on them, making them soggy... giving "put a sock in it" a whole new meaning :)

We have started Physical Therapy with Mikayla. She loves the therapist, and really does try very hard. At the moment, out first goal is to try give her more head control, and loosen up her hamstrings and lower back, in preparation for sitting. So watch this space.. in the therapists words "Mikayla might just surprise us all"!


No comments:

Post a Comment