Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 23

Well, after a ghastly night last night, I am afraid I bunked church this morning! Russ went, but I tried to get some extra sleep- after dealing with a super grumpy little girl last night. Was bummed I didn't go to church though... I realised last week how much I had missed it.

I had a fairly uneventful morning. Have started to do some serious spring cleaning, what with us moving so soon. Besides, it's one part of my life I can control: cleanliness! When everything else seems to be spiraling out of control, I still have my broom and mop :-)

No apnea episodes today *phew*... Mikayla has been really "snotty" lately. She sounds pretty chesty, although I know it's just a build up of mucous due to her tiny little features. I do put saline solution up her nose to help moisten her nose, to help minimize mucous build up, and I also put Olbas on her bed every night to try help her breath, as well as a humidifier in her room every night. On top of that I try keep her warm at all times. I am pretty paranoid about her getting sick. Nothing really seems to help, although I'll still press on.

Russ weighed Miks today. Ok, she did have her clothes on, but she is weighing 2.8kgs now. She has made up over 400 grams since her pediatricians appointment a week ago! Clever girl!

Mickey being harassed by her Daddy with LOTS of kisses :-)

We took the boys to lunch today, with Miks in tow. We bumped into a couple people we knew.

You know, the strange way people treat us really irritates me at times. For goodness sake! I haven't changed one bit. You can see they know about Mikayla, but don't really know what to say... and unlike when you have a healthy child, and everyone wants to take a peek and ooh and aah after the baby- they avoid asking to look into Miks' pram like the plague. I have taken to opening the pram up so that they can see her the minute I see people who haven't seen her. And I don't know what people are so afraid of? Are they afraid that she's some kind of monster?? She is just a sweet, innocent baby girl.... who has been betrayed by this broken world! Gosh, sometimes I feel I should just become a hermit and avoid everyone. It would make it so easier for them, and for me! Would the world even notice if I wasn't around any more?

No comments:

Post a Comment