Friday, May 14, 2010

Day 7

Mikayla is home!!!! Yay!!!

It was a bit of a mad morning, rushing around getting bottles, and sterilisers and all sorts of odds and sodds that we didn't initially think we would need. While we were shopping, they did an X-Ray of Miks' hips- the paed was worried that they were dislocated... but her hips are just fine. They're a bit stiff- but we'll discuss possibly physio with her from the end of next week.


It has been WONDERFUL having her home. Tes & Dyl came over for tea- and everything seemed, just, so... well.... NORMAL. It's during those moments when I think... well, everything is going to be just fine.... and then I remember that T18 doesn't seem to offer such blessings :(

But she is home with us- the boys love having her... I love having her.... it's just great to be a family, like we had planned.

I gave Miks her first official bath... in the sink :) She seems to have a really sensitive head, and didn't enjoy having her hair washed.... but she didn't seem to mind too much having her body submersed in water.

I am worried about how she will sleep tonight, and if she will wake enough, and be vocal enough during the night for her feeds.... *sigh*... we'll just have to see what happens. Quite nerve-wracking, really!

I am just so happy.... I feel like I am floating! My baby girl is home, in her cot, with her family, where she belongs. And I am just madly in love with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment