Thursday, April 7, 2011

Days 335-336 Just can't get enough

I simply cannot get enough of this tongue! It's an obsession for me... I am desperate for her to stick her tongue out and talk to me... when she doesn't, I start getting withdrawal symptoms, and am all bummed... and when she does, I am practically rolling on the floor with laughter! Seriously... how much cuter can it be?!?!

Check this out from last night:



She's so funny as well, because she is definately communicating with it. Like last night... she was quite grumpy in the evening... not feeding well, had a grotty nose... I think maybe she has a little cold (nothing serious)... but after carrying her around for most of the evening, I was tired and desperate to go to sleep (I had had no sleep the night before- had laid awake for 3-4 hours with too many thoughts going through my head...).... so I put her in her bed. Well, she cried/ moaned for a bit... and then there was this kind of pause... and then she stuck her tongue out, and she SHOUTED at us... and I mean SHOUTED! She frowns and everything.... had Russ and I in hysterics! We even have the boys begging her to stick her tongue out. Oh my, we are seriously pushed for entertainment!!

I have realised that I am a terrible mother.... you see, first of all, I haven't taken her back to the surgeon for her post op check up (was supposed to be done 4 weeks after the op, and it's been 8 weeks)... and then her PEG was acting up yesterday, and I phoned the rep and she pointed out that we're supposed to flush it out daily, which I haven't been doing! Quite honestly, we hardly use the PEG- we just haven't needed to.. although, I am thinking that perhaps I should start pushing her to have even just 20ml extra a feed. She is still not sleeping through- and I seriously don't know how we're going to cope once this new baby arrives... and I have only 5 weeks to go!!! But she is eating all these solids, over and above the bottles, and we use the PEG if she doesn't eat her bottle, then we just put it in the PEG- but we haven't had a need?! *Sigh* Not sure what I should do. Just scared to push it and then hurt her... especially because she's been badly constipated recently (completely my fault- didn't give her enough water to drink while on holiday... see what I mean? BAD mother!).

On a happy note... I am planning my little girls FIRST BIRTHDAY PARTY!! (It's a Minnie Mickey party... get it?!). I am astounded!! Never ever ever in a million years did I think we'd get this far. The picture that was painted when she was born was so poor, and the prognosis so bad, that we spent the better half of this first year of her life expecting the end. Now... well, now we just don't know :) (And realistically, we never did... NONE of us do... about ANYTHING or ANYONE!).

Mikayla, you are a cute, you're a hoot and we love you... Mwah

No comments:

Post a Comment