Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Days 345 - 348 On the mend and around the bend again

You know, you really make me look like a wimp, Miss Mikayla. After all the drama on Thursday night, and Friday morning, you were bright as rain by Friday afternoon. Gosh I wish I had your "bounce-back" capabilities. I am finally feeling better- but it took me nearly 7 days, whereas it took you less than one!! Little rat :)

So the antibiotics have worked their magic with you. You're not snotty anymore, and thankfully haven't given us anymore scares this week. The BEST part has been that for the last 8 nights you have slept through! Blissful! (except for the fact that, due to my ENORMOUS belly, and all the aches and pains that come with final stages of pregnancy, I cannot actually sleep at night!!). I really thought we had turned a corner with your sleeping, and that you may just start sleeping through.. but alas, you woke last night during the night. Given, it was only once during the night... but still... I feel decidedly robbed! Please please please, my girl, will you keep sleeping through. I'd really love to only have to wake for one baby when this sibling of yours arrives!!

Otherwise you've been alright this week... you're quite dopey, and are sleeping quite alot during the day, but I would imagine it's simply post-sickness-recovery. You're certainly not UNHAPPY. And that makes for two very happy parents.

I am planning your first birthday party... we'll have it ON your birthday.. just close friends and whatnot... but I am just amazed that this day has come. Never did I think I would plan you a birthday party.... I even have to think of a present to buy you! It's both exciting and bewildering!

I am concerned about your oldest brother. He keeps praying for this baby to grow, and to get strong... I really feel like perhaps he is worried about me going into hospital... well, he IS, because he got quite tearful about it the other night- but he says it's cos he'll miss me when I am in hospital... I think he can remember all the sadness of a year ago, and the stress and worry, and he doesn't want a repeat of that, although he doesn't really understand why he is feeling so sad, or how to verbalize it. It's such a big burden for such a little boy to carry!

I so long for this to be a happy occasion: when this baby is delivered on the 11th of May. For anyone out there who is reading this: please can I ask that on the 11th of May you pray for us? I often wonder if I had perhaps prayed more for you, Miks, CORPORATELY, maybe you would have been born without the extra chromosome? I just want this baby covered in prayer- for the 11th of May to be a happy day for our family, especially for my boys... filled with HOPE and happiness! Please pray for us. That's all I ask. Because I know there is power in prayer... and maybe if God won't answer me, he'll answer someone a little more important than me..... so 11th of May... please pray!

3 comments:

  1. I will definately be praying for you & the family & especially the new baby!

    Can not believe how fast this year has gone! I hope that you have many many more happy years as a very happy & healthy family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for peace and strength. SO wonderful that Mikayla is almost one - you guys have walked a long road this year.

    All blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Tash... thanks, my friend!
    @Gill... thank you so much... I often look at my comments, and long to see Jean's words of comfort. What an amazing woman. So dearly I miss her. Hearing from you reminds me of her.... So it's a double bonus :)

    ReplyDelete