Monday, May 16, 2011

Days 368 - 374 She's a big girl now!

Not looking too impressed with your first intro. Although, when we took him off you, you gave us the biggest grin EVER!

So you're a big sister to a big brother....

We welcomed your baby brother, Jude John van Rensburg, into the world on Wednesday the 11th of May. Weighing a very healthy 3.87kgs, and 57cm long, the baby in the house may just be the giant in the house- I suppose he has to make his way somehow :)

You are both in love :)

He's gorgeous, and we love him. And so do you, little Miks. You are so intrigued with this little being... you so want to touch him, and if we put him next to you, you go quiet with fascination. And he is as intrigued with you. I see a great friendship... and you've got to enjoy being his big sister- because it won't be for long. This little guzzler is going to be bigger than you in no time... even with you having gained more weight, and now weighing 4.84kgs. It;s funny how Jude seems so much heavier, because he's such a "dead weight"

You've been getting sick- we've actually noticed something not quite right for a couple weeks- your eyes go all gammy, and we know you're fighting something- but it hasn't really been bad enough to substantiate doing anything drastic medication wise. But today you were super sweaty... drenched, actually, and really unhappy. So weird how you have all the symptoms of a fever, but no actual fever! Anyway, you're on antibiotics, and I am hoping you'll be back to your sprightly self soon. I hate it when you're sick- it makes me sad seeing you so unhappy. Because you really are a happy little girl otherwise. Also, at the moment it means trying to keep you and Jude apart, because I really don't want Jude to also be sick! As it is, he seems to have a bit of juandice, and I may have to lug him off to the hospital tomorrow to check. It seems one of the negatives of what "you have taught me" is how to now be more paranoid than I perhaps was in the past!

Anyway, must go catch some shut eye... I am a super zombie... and need to get every moment zz that I can.


2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the absolute thrill you must finally be feeling.. Soak it up while you can!!! Congratulations to you and your beautiful little tribe.
    Cara (mum of Vivi Rose) xxx

    ReplyDelete