Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 108



You're probably wondering whats up with that? I've been humming this song all day....

Isn't it funny how when we're little we have all these hopes and dreams of who and what we're going to be. We're so young and innocent. So protected from the harshness of the world. It was such a wonderful time. I loved playing pretend when I was a child. Pretend of any kind. But there was always a happy outcome, wasn't there? I mean, you never dream about sad things, really, do you? Growing up was magical really. Princesses and kings. Tutus and tiaras. Barbies and Kens. Fairies and toadstools. Pumpkin Patch babies... with their freckles and curly red hair. Singing and dancing. Twirling and whirling. I so loved being a little girl. And I knew even then how much I wanted to see a little girl of my own, loving being a little girl. Just like I did.

And there are moments, when it makes me so very very sad that I touched that dream if only for a moment, to see it disappear as quickly as it arrived.

I had a dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment