Saturday, January 22, 2011

Days 259-260 Reaching

Russ was away yesterday- infact for the weekend... and after yesterday being a complete disaster with Miks, I was anticipating an AWFUL night. As a result, I was tucked up in bed by 9pm.

Well, once again, she showed me!! She went to bed around 7pm, after only having half her bottle. But given the way she'd been during the day (she cried most of the day, and fed really badly), I decided not to fight the issue.

She stirred at 09:30pm (due to some idiot sales person phoning me at that time- I think the phone woke her, as it did me!!). Then woke at 11:15 for a feed. She would only take half the bottle, and I was so exhausted, I decided to leave it be. She woke again at 12:30.. and I thought "oh boy, here we go".. but she had a tiny bit to eat, and fell asleep, only waking for her next feed at 5:45!! She downed that bottle, and fell straight back to sleep until 08:45! Blissful! So am feeling somewhat more refreshed today, thank goodness!

Anyway, I took this video today- a perfect example of the "reaching out" that she does.... I think she is overstimulated easily, and so won't do it too long... but this clip is the end of a longer "spell" of her reaching for this little tiger teddy. If you look carefully, you'll see that she actually manages to open her hand to grab the whiskers.. really amazing as her left hand she battles to open and close her grasp easily. You can also see in this video how she likes to put her right hand over her left hand.



I just love this little treasure.

On a sad note: two families lost their T18 treasures yesterday. To the families of Amadeo (45 days old), and Nolan (18 months): my heart just bleeds for you... there is not a day that goes by that I don't, even just for a moment, think about that day that we'll have to face in our family, and just thinking about it hurts like nothing else. May you find comfort during this time in The Ultimate Comforter. And Amadeo and Nolan: fly high, beautiful children...

No comments:

Post a Comment