Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 63

Miks, I know you get frustrated sometimes. I know that you find pooing a very uncomfortable, sometimes impossible experience. I am sure that sometimes the pressure on your lungs makes you sore. I know that you hate having your muscles worked and stretched. You have been so strong, and brave; and we're so happy that you haven't had major defects that could have caused you immense pain. We're so grateful for that. But please know that every little hiccup you have along the way, well, please know that Daddy and I are doing everything we can to make you as happy and as comfortable as we can, while still thinking of what the future could hold. We need you to do the stretches for your own comfort, as well as ours.

I caved again tonight, and gave you another suppository. You were just impossible today- wanting to be held the whole day practically. By the evening, Mummy was exhausted. Well, you had such an enormous poo.... infact, TWO! I am sure that I cant keep giving you suppositories to help you (and I hate giving them to you anyway), but I am not sure what else to do? I will call the paed on Monday and chat to her.

You slept like an absolute star tonight, waking up at 1am, and then only again at 5:45am. Would love to be able to push out your feeds more, but I'll only be able to do that if you eat more at your feeds, which I highly doubt will happen.

I keep thinking about something that Luke used to say (wise 6 year old!!):

"You get what you get, and you don't get upset"

No comments:

Post a Comment