Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 66

Got to talk to the pediatrician today. We're going to give you the suppositories for 3 days, to make sure we've "cleared your system", then we're going to give you an old home remedy of brown sugar and water to soften your stools, and hopefully get you more comfortable, before we look at other forms of "laxatives". I hope they work, Miks, cos all I want is for you to be comfortable.

You were very unhappy this morning, but seemed to be better during the day. Then, this evening you were very unhappy again. I had put you in your bed, and you were really very miserable... but I had to run around sorting out the boys and whatnot... eventually I got back to you, and when I picked you up, you tucked your face into my arm as if to say that you were SO HAPPY that I was holding you... and you fell asleep instantly!! You do seem to wake quite alot- and mostly rather fretfully. Not sure if it's your breathing that's bothering you.... but just know, my baby, that I am here... even if I am in the room next door... I am here.

You were also so sweet this afternoon (before you got grumpy)... you were lying in your cot having just fed, and I came in and said your name, and you turned to me... and just STARED!! I felt really quite loved.... and I thought you were going to smile... but you didn't :-( You were even charming the socks off your Dad (mind you, you do that quite easily... you have that man wrapped around your little finger). I just love it when you seem so alert and, well, somewhat ENGAGED. It makes it all worthwhile.

But now it's late, princess... and you're no doubt going to wake us up any minute... so off to bed I go.

5 comments:

  1. Tat, praying that the brown sugar and water works. Awful when you see that she is not comfortable and don't know what is wrong. I shared a bit on our beautiful, delicate little butterfly yest.- Is 55!! Sent the talk to Russ but long so he probably had the zig with me for blocking his email. Will chat later in the week. Praying you have a good Miks day. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tat, I never miss a day of frollowing your journey with Mik. Somedays I laugh with you, other days I cry with you, but, everyday I think of you. We are feeling our distance from you more than ever. Love you Lots Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jean... thanks! I am sure you didn't block Russ' email. But I'll ask him to send it to me. Would love to read it.
    @Sharon.... thanks.... we miss you guys too! Can you believe it's been 6 years this year!! Thank you so much for the cards from the boys. Please tell them we loved them :-) Lots of love to you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tat, you are such an amazing mother, little Mikayla is so lucky to have you. You are so doing well and are so strong. Love following your blog. Love Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lyn... thanks so much :-) I'm priviledged to be a mum to such wonderful children.. they make me the mother I am! Loving your little girls too... they are too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete