Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 36

Had a quiet day at home today. Mickey slept most of the day. She had a visitor, and was spoilt rotten :-) Her feeding is not great, in that she snack feeds... the little rascal! Then tonight, she was really very restless in the evening. Didn't want to feed anymore, didn't want to sleep, didn't want to lie down, didn't want to be held up! Really, she was ultra grumpy! I have come to realise that if she gets too stimulated, and we push her just slightly past her tired point, we're done for!! She just doesn't deal well with being overtired. She eventually, after two movies, she took some more bottle... but literally drank 5ml... guess she just wanted to suckle to sleep... and the mischief that she is, she won't take a dummy... hates the thing (all my children have been like that!). I reckon if Miks could get her fingers in her mouth, she'd suck her thumb rather....

Miks is super alert after her bath, which she loves!!

So I was thinking... the thing about putting ANYONE before yourself... particularly someone you can't see; IS humbling. That's why being humble means putting people before yourself. Maybe it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario. And one thing that keeps coming up is how God will use Miks condition for His glory. Now, I am not saying I like that; but when you don't have a choice in the matter... well, you don't have a choice, do you. And how often do we ACTUALLY give God all the glory. I mean REALLY give God the glory? I mean, we're talkers, us humans. We say things, and even do things... but never does it become more real that when the choice is taken from you. And maybe that's a good thing. Not having a choice I mean. Hmm... anyway, I am babbling!

My blue eyed princess

No comments:

Post a Comment