Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 41

“To whom will you compare me?
Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One.

Look up into the heavens.
Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another,
calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
not a single one is missing.
O Jacob, how can you say the Lord does not see your troubles?
O Israel, how can you say God ignores your rights?
Have you never heard?
Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

Isaiah 40:25-31 [Italics mine]

God gives and He takes away (to paraphrase Job)... ULTIMATELY all of our time is written. Pre-written in the heavens. Who are we to be so arrogant that we think we can or cannot control our lives here on earth?

Don't get me wrong, I believe that we should HOPE. And DREAM. And DESIRE. We are His children, and any parent wants their children to be happy. But if you could see the outcome of the choices your children make, and you knew that they were not good, wouldn't you do everything to steer them in the direction of the path that you knew would bring them ULTIMATE joy, even if it meant some sorry and pain in the present? And maybe that joy isn't even to be found here on the earth. And I guess in part that's what I am learning. God is a BIG God. And He sees the WHOLE story. Not just my little part.

But the thing I do long for, I guess, in my life, is restoration of sorts. A little placing back of some of the joy that this has lost in my life. That's my hope, my dream, my desire.

Mikayla has been really quite unhappy again today. I did weigh her this morning. She is up to 2.94kgs.. nearly nearly 3kgs! I have run out of her good stuff... ha ha... the expensive formula.... and she is now down to the pleb stuff. I fear she is having withdrawal symptoms!! :-)

I have been very busy today. Booked her paed appointment. Booked her OT appointment, and even managed to book in a little gynae appointment for me. Have been really sore, and worried that I have developed an infection at the site of my C-section. But it looks like it's just inflammation. I am on antibiotics just incase (can't be too careful nowadays), and then some anti-inflammatories as well. I was expecting an infection of sorts given my run of recent good luck :-) Don't want to speak too soon... but, as a wise old musician once said: "the times, they are a-changing"... Here's hoping so!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tat, Is 40 is beautiful and is for you at this time. What a Mighty, Awesome God we serve who makes no errors (even though at times we think so). I read Is 35 yesterday during our devotions - praise the Lord that when we reached the crossroads, we took the right turning and are on His highway. There's a special little girl on that highway too, and Jesus is watching over her (and us) Ex 23:20 “See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.”

    You spoke one day of the race you were running and you felt there were no marshalls, no back sweepers and probably felt that there was no first aid tent either. I just want to assure you that there are marshalls and backsweepers - He has set His angels to guard you along the way and He's going to ensure that you don't need the first aid tent because you're winning this race - in fact He's standing at the finishing line, looking down the track and can see you running in. He's waiting with your trophy and waiting to say "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." (It was a hard, ultramarathon I entered you in but I knew that you could do it and I also knew that you would use your experience to reach out to others and declare My glory) Brackets not in the Bible but am sure that He's saying this to you.
    Sorry she didn't have a good day yesterday and praying that today will be a special one. Sorry you struggling with the C-section, seems to have flared up quite a long time after the op. In my prayers for that one too.
    Had a lovely e-mail from a group or prayer partners in Australia who are praying for you all.
    "I just want you to know that as well as praying for AE issues, one of our members prayed so lovingly for your family that it made me cry .
    I do pray that they are FEELING the prayers of others
    One of Melbourne's top Obstetric/ Gynaecological Drs who was at a prayer meeting when Hilmi Tell was here and we shared your families situation, said that in Aus the baby would have been aborted with all the problems that that causes and he felt it was a great testimony that your family did not do that.
    So there are many praying for you all."

    Love you all and praying for you. Please give Luke and Josh a big "Love" from me. Miss them.
    Jean

    ReplyDelete