Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Days 47-52

Oh my goodness what a crazy crazy week!!

To start the week, Mickey, your great aunt Lorraine passed away. She was the most amazing woman. She had a grace about her. I never heard her raise her voice. She was kind, and humble. And she spent the better half of her life caring for over 30 years for your second cousin (?) Hayley who was severely brain damaged- and I never heard her utter a word of complaint. She was just wonderful- I am so sad you never got to meet her... like the rest of us, you would have loved her dearly. But she is free and happy and healthy, and in heaven now with Hayley, who is also free and whole. And they're singing with the angels! We're the ones who are sad.

We've been trying desperately to pack, and in between work has been manic. Your grampa also came up to visit, and your granny is still here. It was grampa's birthday, and we had fun on Sunday celebrating with him.

Russ had to take you to the OT on Friday, as I went off to Lorraine's memorial service in PMB. They made a little brace for your hand. I don't think you fancy wearing it too much, but it's to help keep your wrist flexible and possibly even straighten it a bit, so it doesn't become tight in it's little bent position. You're funny when you wear it, because you somehow manage to get out of it everytime! But you only have to wear it for an hour every time, every other hour until you get used to it.

Your feeding has been up and down. You'll have a day where you average 45mls a feed, and then the next day you'll average 60mls a feed. On Thurday you were averaging 75ml per feed, even fitting in two feeds of 100mls each for good measure! You certainly keep things interesting! No hard and fast rules for my little princess.

I have some lovely hats for you... am taking some pics, and once we've settled down in our new (old) house, I'll post more pics of you. You're getting chubby cheeks, and VERY LONG! You must just now grow WIDER so that you can wear more of your clothes.... you have quite the wardrobe- and only fit into a few things (kind of like my wardrobe, only my clothes are too small, and not too big!)

No comments:

Post a Comment