Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 43

Miks has two enormous you-know-whats today. When I wipe her bottom, some blood does appear on the cloth. Miks has a small protrusion of skin... kind of like a small pile. It seems to be coming from that. Perhaps that little piece of skin is coming away? Anyway... our paed appointment is on Tuesday. We'll check it out.

Little Miks has a relatively sleepy day, even though she had family and friends over to visit. Although she had one really long awake spell. She was in her bed (I thought she'd fall asleep), but just lay happily awake for AGES. Otherwise she is well. I am thinking the clearing of her gut really cheers her up... poor little mite!

Was reading to the boys tonight, and I read them a child's poem book on the following:

"Jabez was more honorable than his brothers. His mother had named him Jabez, saying, "I gave birth to him in pain." Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, "Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain." And God granted his request" - 1 Chronicles 4:9-10

I have always liked the above scripture. The simplicity of it. The simplicity of his request to God, and yet the greatness of it. I know, I know... many a book has been written on it, and yes, that's where I gain my knowledge of the scripture (can't say I have attempted to plough through the rest of Chronicles!), but how often do we ask God to bless US?? We pray for our children, our parents, our friends, our friends friends, and even the ladies dog two doors down. But do we pray for OURSELVES? SPECIFICALLY?

Just a thought! Maybe I'll give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment